The Sanhedria Children’s Home was established in 1943 in Jerusalem’s Sanhedria neighborhood to provide for the orphans of the Shoah. The original building was bombed during the War of Independence and the facility moved to its present location in Katamon. Today, Sanhedria is a rehabilitation center for boys aged 6-18 years old from extremely disadvantaged backgrounds who suffered severe physical and/or emotional abuse and neglect in their early childhood. They are referred by Social Services and the High Court of Justice for Juveniles.
Sanhedria takes these kids at high risk for further abuse and neglect and nurtures them in a warm and loving environment by providing for their physical, spiritual and emotional needs. Sanhedria is under the supervision of the Ministry of Welfare and is partially government funded.